R.L. Winston Rods Tom Morgan Favorite
AS GREAT TODAY AS IT WAS WHEN FIRST OFFERED
Tom Morgan was the owner and rod designer at Winston from 1973 to 1991. Tom grew up fishing the spring creeks of Montana for wary brown trout, where delicate casts and perfect presentations were mandatory. In 1989, he designed a 4-weight for those exact conditions and named it the “Tom Morgan Favorite.” Over 30 years later, we still offer this exceptional rod, as it reflects Tom’s belief that “a great fly rod is always a great fly rod.” TMF rods come with a powder coated aluminum tube and logo rod sock.
- ACTION: Medium-Slow.
- GRIP DESIGN: 6.5” cigar.
- REEL SEAT: Figured Tiger Maple with uplocking Nickel Silver hardware.
- GUIDES: Chrome nanolite stripper guide/chrome snake guides.
- SECTIONS: 2.
- STORAGE: Powder Coated Green Aluminum Tube and Logo Rod Sock.
- MANUFACTURED: Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana, USA.
- 4WT: Designed to be extra light, the TMF is perfect for those close to mid-range distances where delicacy, finesse, and accuracy are essential to successfully fishing the world’s most technical trout water.
ALL GRAPHITE with classic WT spigot ferrule design
INCREDIBLY SMOOTH with wonderful touch and feel
EXTRA LIGHT 4-WEIGHT, perfect for spring creek fishing
WINSTON PROGRESSIVE tapers
CUSTOMER FAVORITE since 1989