R.L. Winston Rods AIR 2
FAST ACTION – FRESHWATER
This flagship series covers your 3wt. thru 6wt needs and has earned rave reviews from shop owners, guides, and anglers. Utilizing boron technology, AIR 2 rods make beautiful, accurate casts at long and short distances and have exceptional feel. The 3 and 4wts are superb dry and light nymph rods, while the 5 and 6wts are true all-arounders that can do everything from small dries to double nymphs to streamers. All rods come with our graphite tube and logo rod sock.
- ACTION: Fast
- GRIP: 6.5″ cigar
- REEL SEAT: Figured Box Elder with uplocking Nickel Silver hardware.
- GUIDES: Light wire, hard chrome ECO slick coated shooting guides.
- SECTIONS: 4
- STORAGE: Premium Graphite Tube and Logo Rod Sock
- MANUFACTURED: Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana, USA
- 3WT: Ideal dry fly and light nymph rods for small streams that require accurate, delicate presentations.
- 4WT: Delicate yet powerful, these 4 weights are perfect for small stream fishing and big water dry fly presentations to educated trout.
- 5WT: Unmatched versatility across any freshwater applications. Dry fly, nymph, streamer, or indicator – these 5 weights do it all.
- 6WT: The answer for windy day hoppers, cloudy day streamers, nymph droppers, and bigger water across the globe
EVOLVED TAPER DESIGN provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Extremely light, yet powerful.
NEXT GENERATION S-2000 HIGH MODULUS GRAPHITE material for faster recovery speed and smoothness.
ADVANCED BORON/GRAPHITE CONFIGURATION for enhanced power and energy transfer.
WINSTON-DESIGNED CIGAR GRIP for better “feel” through the casting stroke.
CUSTOM HSR (HIGH STRAIN RATE) RESIN yields an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and provides greater part strength and less weight.
SMALLER PROFILE LIGHT WIRE SHOOTING SNAKE GUIDES feature new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.