Learn from the Master
We are excited to announce that we are partnering again this fall with our good friend and legendary Spey instructor Simon Gawesworth and the team at Flywater Travel to offer an in-depth, multi-day Trout Spey school and angling experience.
Whether you are a seasoned trout Spey angler or new to the sport, this trip with Simon Gawesworth is sure to be an exciting and educational adventure.
Big Sky Anglers Spey Nerds Justin Spence, Matt Klara, Chris Daniel and Marco Ross will all be assisting Simon with instruction and acting as guides throughout the school. We have worked closely with Simon in the past in the instructional setting and love supporting him and his incredible depth of Spey casting and fishing knowledge. For those of you who have had a chance to cast, fish, or talk Spey with Justin, Matt, Chris, and Marco, you know that their knowledge and experience in Spey casting and fishing goes well beyond a simple passing interest.
This package not only includes world class instruction on everything Trout Spey from Simon Gawesworth and members of the Big Sky Anglers staff, but also lodging and meals at the Golden Stone Inn, guided fishing, and use of a full suite of Trout Spey gear from Sage, RIO, and Redington.
This course is designed to give you all the tools you need to enjoy and maximize the wonderful fun that is fly fishing with a trout Spey outfit. You will learn the various casts needed, a wide range of fishing techniques, and build up an understanding and knowledge of the wide variety of gear used when fishing with trout Spey outfits. In short, if you are even slightly interested in getting into the trout Spey game, this course will put you firmly on the right road.
- Oct 6: Arrive West Yellowstone, MT or Idaho Falls, ID. Transfer to lodge. Welcome dinner with Simon.
- Oct 7: Classroom and casting sessions with Simon and certified instructors Justin Spence and Matt Klara from Big Sky Anglers.
- Oct 8: Morning classroom session. Full day of wade fishing with Simon, Justin, and Matt.
- Oct 9: Full day of guided trout Spey fishing.
- Oct 10: Full day of guided trout Spey fishing or a full day casting clinic with Simon.
- Oct 11: Depart lodge.
NOTE: Extra days of guided fishing and lodging are available if students would like to fish more after school is dismissed.
Rate: Per person for a 5 night/ 4 day school
- Double Occupancy: $4,700
- Single Occupancy: $6,100
- attendance limited to 8 students
- Use of Sage, Redington, and RIO demo gear
- All meals at the lodge
- Fishing instruction
- Guided fishing
- Transportation to/from the lodge
- Fishing license