R.L. Winston Rods PURE
DRY FLY AND DELICATE PRESENTATION RODS
The PURE series (2-5wt) won IFTD’s Best of Show for freshwater rods in 2018, and for good reason: The ability of these medium-action rods to present flies in a delicate and accurate manner is unmatched, making them perfect for technical waters like the Henry’s Fork, spring creeks and backcountry beaver ponds filled with wary brookies. The 2 and 3wts are perfect for small streams, while the 4 and 5wts are ideal for larger rivers and fish that still require a light touch. All rods come with our graphite tube and logo rod sock.
- ACTION: Medium.
- GRIP DESIGN: 6” cigar.
- REEL SEAT: Tiger Maple Reel Seat with uplocking Nickel Silver hardware.
- GUIDES: Chrome nanolite stripper guide/chrome plated, light wire snake guides.
- SECTIONS: 4.
- STORAGE: Premium Graphite Tube and Logo Rod Sock.
- MANUFACTURED: Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana, USA.
- 2WT: Meant for casting microscopic dry flies on the lightest tippet, and bends into the butt section with the weight of a small trout.
- 3WT: Fun rods meant for small stream fishing. From the ultra-short 6’6” version to the 7’6″, these 3 weights will excel at any small stream or extremely delicate presentation.
- 4WT: If you’re obsessed with feeding small flies to picky fish, our selection of 4 weight PUREs blend accuracy, delicacy, and fish fighting strength. Think any spring creek from Paradise Valley, Montana, to the world renowned Driftless area in Wisconsin.
- 5WT: From dry fly fishing on bigger western rivers, to light nymphing and small streamers the 5 weight PURE will provide the classic Winston feel in a taper that adds more accuracy and line control.
ADVANCED BORON III light line rods
MODERATE ACTION WITH QUICK RECOVERY that will allow for open loops required for fine dry fly presentation along with the ability to generate faster line speed as required for different conditions
TRUE WINSTON progressive action
SLIM PROFILE with fine grip and guide configurations for better connection to the rod
PROPRIETARY DESIGN puts presentation and tippet protection as the first priority
IDEAL FOR LIGHT NYMPH and dry fly fishing applications.