R.L. Winston Rods Alpha+
FOR BIG FLIES, BIG LINES, AND BIG FISH
These fast-action rods were specifically designed to cast heavy and oversized lines, as well as large, bulky and weighted flies. Unlike other fast action rods in the category, the Alpha+ series (5-10wt) load deeper and recover faster to access extra reserve power in the lower sections, minimizing false casts and maximizing lifting strength. Use the 5, 6 and 7wts for large trout and warmwater species, the 8 and 9wts for stripers, pike, and jungle species like golden dorado and peacock bass, and the over-built 10wt for musky, tarpon, and other big-time fish. All rods come with our graphite tube and logo rod sock.
- ACTION: Very Fast.
- GRIP: 7″ full wells. 1 ½” Fighting Butt.
- REEL SEAT: Light Olive anodized aluminum with double uplocking aluminum rings.
- GUIDES: Hard chrome oversized shooting guides with chrome nanolite stripping guides. Oversized tiptop.
- SECTIONS: 4.
- STORAGE: Premium Graphite Tube and Logo Rod Sock.
- MANUFACTURED: Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, Montana, USA
- 5WT: Our fastest 9’ 5 weight, this rod will easily turn over large dry-dropper rigs, trout sized streamers, and larger indicator rigs.
- 6WT: This rod was designed for meat eating trout and bass: think mice patterns in Kamchatka, full sink tips and double articulated bugs on the Yellowstone, fast pocket water in Patagonia, and poppers and divers in the mid-west.
- 7WT: Designed to shoot big streamers with over-sized lines and yields the power to turn giant large trout, bass, and salmon to the net.
- 8WT: From silver salmon in Alaska, Red fish in the South, Stripers in the Northeast, and many other species, this fast 8 weight will cast and lift any aggressive sinking line to get your flies in front the world’s most powerful fish.
- 9WT: Our reinforced Alpha+ 9wt rods are built to cast oversized lines, humongous flies, and showcase extra power to pull aggressive fish like peacock bass and golden dorado away from leader snapping structure.
- 10WT: Our Alpha+ 10 weight focuses specifically on casting big lines with foot-long flies. From Tarpon, GTs, and King Salmon, this rod has the power to turn the world’s most powerful fish.
HIGHEST PERFORMANCE boron/graphite composite materials
EXCEPTIONALLY POWERFUL, capable of generating high line speeds
DESIGNED TO CAST BIG FLIES, heavy lines, shooting heads and sinking tips
EXTRA REINFORCED FERRULES for ultimate lifting power
DESIGNATED GRAIN WINDOWS for each rod model