- Originator: Brian Chan
- Hook: TMC 2302 or equivalent, #10 – 16
- Thread: 8/0 Uni, dark brown
- Bead: White, sized to match hook
- Body: MFC Sexi Floss or Spirit River Flex-Floss, brown
- Rib: Uni Wire, small, red and silver
Brian Chan is a Canadian Stillwater angling expert and signature tier for Montana Fly Co. We’ve found his Chironomid Bomber patterns to be absolutely deadly on Hebgen both before and after the more glamorous hatches of Callibaetis, Tricos, and damselflies. These can be fished static, under a strike indicator, or slowly retrieved using a hand twist on a floating or intermediate tip line. You’d be amazed at how strong the takes are on a fly that is barely moving! Another great thing about this pattern is that, if you tie your own, you can easily experiment with other color combos.