RO Drift boats is getting closer to unveiling their newest hull design – the RO Camino. The plug has been delivered to their Bozeman boat shop as they gear up for the 2013 fishing season. Robert, Dane, John and the boys are working hard getting new boats out the door and designing the layout of the Camino.
Earlier this week, I got the full run through on interior options for all of RO’s hull designs:
1. Full walk around – no more stumblin’ over the rowers’ bench or rear leg lock.
2. Dry box or pedestal seats. YETI cooler front seat option as well.
3. Front and rear leg locks (newly designed walk around rear single leg lock to eliminate the “dancing client”)
5. Nomad Light – a simpler version of the Nomad with off the floor storage for spare oar and life jackets.
6. Grab & Go rod storage – this is new for RO and a nice change for stowing fly rods. No more skewering.
7. Refuse can – for tippet, old useless flies, beer cans, chew spit, litter or maybe a small ice chest for the gunnel bar.
8. New rubber coated floor for grip that won’t shred fly lines.
9. Raised floor around rower’s seat to keep gear dry.
With any luck, the boat will be finished upon my return from Argentina in mid-April. There is one other fella who is getting a Camino as well and I know he is already tapping his toe. Build the boat Bud!